Wednesday 7 March 2012

spring is coming


This week is been a lovely week... the sun was out, the temperature was worm and my crocus are in flower….that make me feel that spring is definitely in the air…





I decided to do some potting and seeding....
I start to transplant a lot of my seedling that with this sun they really grown fast and the true leaves were coming through...
I transplant in 10 cm pots:
4 tomatoes money-maker
1 tomato garden delight
5 French marigold

Plus because I was excited I thought as well to try some squash as a trial even if I know that Is way too early to start but I did anyway because it sound weird but in Italy is a delicatessen eat a plate a pasta with a courgette leaves, so I will eat only the young leaves.
What I transplant then was:
1 pumpkin big max
1 butternut squash
1 courgette black beauty
1sweet pepper California wonder
2 courgette striato d’italia


After that I thought to fill up the propagator with more seeds so I decided to put a new batch in it :
2 basil sweet Genovese
2 tomatoes tumbler
2 kale dwarfs curled
2 sweet pepper minimix
2 sweet pepper California wonder
10 leek prize taker…
I did all this on Monday and today I finally pick up from post office my new birthday present from my fiancé: a wormery

I just finish to build it up and now just wait about 3 weeks and I can start to feed them  with kitchen waste… this year is going to be a busy garden… I’m already excited

No comments:

Post a Comment