Tuesday 17 April 2012

sun or not sun

after a nice week in march i thought the spring was start already but i was a fool..now the weather is rubish.. not enought sun and everything is growing very slowly and i can't even leave anything outside in the blowaway because sometime is very cold and the temperature is close to 0c. so back all the fleece over the tree and every night  all the plants back to the kitchen...
the good news that everything is growing..
my strawberry are already in flower and the same for my apple trees, all my hardy plant ( peas, broad beans, carrot, spring onion,  beetroot, radish,leeks and salad leaves) are growing well under cover.
today a day off work but with the weather been crazy ( rain and sunshine every 10-20 minutes,this is april) i thiught to sort my alpine strawberry and plant one by one in small module till they get bigger to transplant them in 3 inch pots. it took me about 1 hour and half but in the end i have a nice 30 alpine strawberry plants...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Enrico, thank you for the comments on my blog and for following. You seem to be growing a huge variety of vegetables. I hope you are going to post some lovely recipes on your blog. I have just started picking my strawberries before the slugs eat them. Good luck with your alpine ones.

    ReplyDelete